Friday, July 19, 2013

Medieval romance A KISS AT VESPERS online launch party! @MusePublishing


Hello and welcome! It's launch day again! My medieval romance novelette, A Kiss at Vespers, is now available for sale.

[PLEASE NOTE: Because of spammers, I have to moderate comments before they post. But I see every comment, so there's no need to enter it twice. Thanks!]



You can get it for Kindle on Amazon, on Kobo, or in any e-book format from the publisher, MuseItUp.

To get you in the mood for this eleventh-century tale, here are the ruins of an ancient Irish monastery:


Of course, with a title like A Kiss at Vespers, you can expect some monks. One of them was kind enough to drop by. (Don't worry, Brother Martinus in the story is much more classically handsome!)


And here's a blurb to tempt you:

A Kiss at Vespers


In 1008 AD, Dublin is just a small town, newly opened to trade now that Viking violence there has died down. A young woman named Asta runs away from her boring life in Britain on one of her father’s trading vessels bound for Dublin, hoping that she and the sailor she loves can find a new life together. But when shipwreck takes him from her, her whole world changes. She is helped up the rocky shores of eastern Ireland by handsome and enigmatic Brother Martinus, who takes her to the Monastery of St. Luran’s to recover. Despite his vows of silence and chastity, Brother Martinus is entranced by the beautiful maiden who seems delivered to him by Providence. Their unexpected relationship causes both of them to rethink their concepts of faith and love.

Would you like some cake? The book starts with a shipwreck, so here's a lovely shipwreck cake:



Don't forget to really help me celebrate by using those purchase links! You can get A KISS AT VESPERS for Kindle on Amazon, on Kobo, or in any e-book format from the publisher, MuseItUp. (Barnes & Noble coming soon...)

Thanks for stopping by!

33 comments:

  1. Congrats, Anne!
    Tipping a virtual glass to you and A Kiss at Vespers.
    Can't wait to read it.
    All best, Rhonda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and A Kiss at Vespers the best of the best, Anne. Love that cake. Will look forward to enjoying a slice with my afternoon tea :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope the cake doesn't have too many barnacles. Thanks for your good wishes, Pat.

      Delete
  3. i love handsome and enigmatic monks! just bought it on my kindle. congratulations, and happy launch! xo, andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Andrea! Nice to see you! Thanks so much, and I do hope you enjoy Brother Martinus. *Waggles eyebrows*

      Delete
  4. Hope the launch goes really well! What are you doing for it? Will there be a ship cake and monk? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Anne! I was in Ireland last summer and was very intrigued by all the monasteries. My imagination was going wild. I'm going to buy a copy right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy launch day and congratulations, Anne!

    Sounds like a fun read. Bought it on Kobo =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one amazing cake! I bet it goes great with honey mead or some other monk-brewed bevvy! Hope it sells like hotcakes, so you can travel to more monastic ruins in Ireland to research a sequel! Putting my hair up with a Celtic knotwork barrette today in your and your book's honor...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gwen. A sequel-research fund! I love it!

      Delete
  9. Wonderful cover and sounds like a great story! Congratulations and wishing you many sales!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to have to get an e-book reader of some kind so that I can travel back to the Dublin of a thousand years ago and make the acquaintance of intrepid Asta and introspective Brother Martinus ... if only to see if my first impressions are correct! Anne, that's a wonderful blurb there ... one of the few that makes me want to open the cover of the book (so to speak). I hope A Kiss at Vespers reaches a wide audience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Actually, if you buyit through MuseItUp, you can get it as a PDFand read it on your computer. Or you can download the free Kindle for PC software from Amazon and read Kindle files on your computer.

      Delete
    2. That is great news for my soul, and fits my budget, too!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on your exciting launch. I just used that same illumination from Las Cantigas de Santa Maria on a story for another website! Great minds ... And I love the monastery ruins, although they are not half as appetizing as the cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy. Yes, I kinda cheated on the nationality of the monk, but that's such a nice painting!

      Delete
  12. Just finished reading it. I'll title it my "guilty-pleasure" summer read. :) Congratulations on the release, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that was quick. Hope you liked it. (No guilt necessary.) Thanks, Miranda.

      Delete
  13. Congrats, Anne, and I hope A Kiss at Vespers will be wildly popular! But where are the other monks hiding today? I am expecting frivolity. Just to let you know. Oops... *Kate grabs the ZBs before they can get to the cake...* Nice cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a second cake, shaped like a cathedral, and the other monks are busy stuffing their faces.

      Delete
  14. I'm going to buy a copy for my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very happy birthday to what seems to be a fascinating read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mirka, and thanks for coming to my party! Always a pleasure to see you on this blog.

      Delete